Grandview Heights athletics is excited to introduce Matt Cantrell as our New Athletic Trainer. Matt will begin working with our student athletes on Tuesday, February 19, 2019.
Matt comes to us from the Avita Health Care system at Marion Pleasant High School where he worked at the head trainer for the past 4 years. Matt attended the Otterbein Athletic Training program, where he played Football for 4 years.
- Master of Healthcare Administration, Colorado State University-Global Campus
- Bachelor of Science, Athletic Training, Otterbein University
- CAATE Accredited Program Senior Research: “Effects of Thermal Modalities on Hamstring Flexibility Comparing MHP, Shortwave Diathermy, and a Control”. Presented at OATA Annual Symposium
CERTIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Board of Certification Certified Athletic Trainer
- Licensed Athletic Trainer in Ohio
- CKTP (Certified Kinesio Tape Practitioner)
- CPR and First Aid Certified Instructor (American Heart Association) Valid through October 2019
- Member of NATA, OATA,GLATA. NATA
Please help us welcome Matt to Grandview.