Coaching Requirements for Grandview Heights Schools
If you are interested in coaching athletics in the Grandview Heights Schools, please complete the General Application for Coaching at http://www.ghcsd.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=221223&type=d&pREC_ID=485459
Volunteer coaches need to complete the Volunteer Application – Affidavit Form that is attached along with completing all requirement for the Pupil Activity Permit (PAP).
Volunteer Application-Affidavit as per OHSAA Bylaw 6, OHSAA General Sport Regulation 4, Grandview Heights Schools Board Policy and ORC 3301-27-01: All coaches, paid and volunteer, must possess a current Pupil Activity Permit (PAP) and be approved by the school board in order to coach at the middle school or high school level.
The following documentation is required in order to receive a Pupil Activity Permit.
- BCI/FBI fingerprint check (Every 5 years)
- You must have this done at our district office. The fee is $46.
- Contact Hayley Head at (614) 485-4015 to make an appointment.
- Fundamentals of Coaching Course (1 time only)
- This is a course offered by the National Federation of High School Associations online at nfhslearn.com. The cost is $65.
- Concussion Course (Every 3 years)
- This is a free course offered by NFHS. It can be taken at nfhslearn.com.
- First Aid Course (Every 3 years)
- CPR (Every 2 years)
NOTE: The Athletic Department works with Nationwide Children’s to offer the First Aid Course and/or CPR certification. Dates and times will be announced as courses are scheduled.
- Additionally, the Athletic Department requires all coaches to take the Bullying, Hazing and Inappropriate Behaviors by clicking HERE. Certificates should be turned into the Athletic Department. (Free)
- The Athletic Department is also encouraging coaches to earn National Certification from NFHS either as anAccredited Interscholastic Coach (AIC) or a Certified Interscholastic Coach (CIC). More information can be found atnfhslearn.com.
Pupil Activity Permit (PAP) (Every 3 years) and SAFE Account Information
(Through the Ohio Department of Education).
The PAP is the required license a coach needs to be board approved and coach for Grandview Heights Schools.
- You will need to create a SAFE account with the Ohio Department of Education (ODE). Apply For a New License
- In order to qualify for a PAP you will need to upload certificates from the following required courses and background check.
- NOTE: They all have varying expiration lengths. It is the responsibility of the coach to keep current on all certifications.